Spanning over 35 years, CCCI has been involved in educating over 1200 children and opportunity youth, training hundreds of residents through courses and training, feeding thousands of families, and supporting youth with college scholarships.
Concerned Citizens Community Involvement is dedicated to providing programming and supportive services that enrich self-esteem and the development of resilience for middle and high school-aged youth.
CCCI’s extensive cadre of instructors, mentors, and advisors include:
- African American and Latinx astrophysicists
- Tech corporation executives
- Tech Activists
- Former NFL players
- College Administrators, and
- Other role models of various professions
We intentionally surround program participants with successful professionals that look like them to inspire them to achieve their highest aspirations.
Through our training & mentorship programming, community outreach programs, healthy lifestyle initiatives, and faith-based partnership programs, we have accomplished the following program milestones:
- Over 3,000 people served annually through health & education programs
- 9 Youth Podcasts launched through our Limitless Podcast Incubator program
- Over 500 youth trained in STEM
- 68% of STEM students met intermediate or advanced coding standards
- 2 Youth-Developed apps launched
- Over 3,500 families are provided with free, fresh produce annually
CCCI aims to catalyze sustainable improvements in health and quality of life for the South LA communities by expanding our programming and services to include affordable housing development, housing services, and property management.
Our #1 goal is to have South L.A. residents who attend our programs feel empowered with the skills they need to lead successful lives.